Kristi SnowCat forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Kristi SnowCat forum » Registry » Registry Submission » I have a KT7

Author Topic: I have a KT7
Snowman
Member # 13

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Snowman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi you all ,
It sure would be nice to see more action on this web site . I have just returned from Colorado ,picking up a KT7 . There is very little information avalible on it . I was told by the previous owner that only 4 were ever built .Mine is #004 . I would love to find a manual for one .
The previous owner told me that there were two more Kristi's in Pagosa Springs on a ranch that were just sitting . I have located two more in Montana and am trying to purchase them .
Has anyone tried replacing the wooden cleats with metal ones ?

Posts: 17 | From: Idaho wilderness | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
caroth
Administrator
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for caroth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Instead of wood cleats, I think a plastic cleat would be better suited for replacements. Something out of HDPE or UHMW would be perfect.
Posts: 109 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
caroth
Administrator
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for caroth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Talking with an owner of another KT7, Kristi Washington never produced a manual. Instead Kristi Washington offered a 30 minute training session on how to operate the KT7.
Posts: 109 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KT-3 00145
Member # 51

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KT-3 00145   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The registry says "This Kristi is a one of three Kristi KT7s built as prototypes to satisfy a FAA contract." But this is SN 004. Was there a fourth built, possibly SN 001, for some other purpose/contract?

And what do you think the possiblities are that any of the other chassis are laying around somewhere?

--------------------
Those who would sacrifice freedom for safety deserve neither.

Posts: 28 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
caroth
Administrator
Member # 1

According to the shop manager Duane Barnes and Kristi Washington owner Dwight Baker, 001 was built but the fiberglass body was too heavy and the KT7 was scraped. The 3 KT7 vehicles built were 002, 003, and 004.

It is not known if 002 or 003 was purchased by San Juan County Utah, it burned to the ground. 004 is currently owned by Allen Hudson. The missing KT7 was last used by Dwight Baker in the mid 70s for contract work but it's whereabouts are currently unknown.

KT-3 00145
Member # 51

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KT-3 00145   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where was the Dwight Baker machine last used, somewhere in Washington? I know it would be a long shot that it would still be in that area, but ya never know.

--------------------
Those who would sacrifice freedom for safety deserve neither.

Posts: 28 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
caroth
Administrator
Member # 1

Yes, in the Leavenworth area, but that was in the mid 70s. Good luck!

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Upload Your Picture

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | KristiSnowCat.com

© 2009 Chris Roth, All Rights Reserved,Terms of Use
Contact me, Chris Roth at: caroth@rothfam.com