Kristi SnowCat forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Kristi SnowCat forum » Classifieds » For Sale » FOR SALE (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: FOR SALE
caroth
Administrator
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for caroth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by paul:
This might answer all questions towards this kristi.If It did have a porsche engine in it and it did run, whats its worth???? I read the debate over this on the forum and for two hundred bucks i`ll scrap out what i can and junk the rest. thanks paul

Paul, I think the guys on the other forum are pretty harsh on the condition of your Kristi. Your machine is not complete which makes it worth less, but there is still a market for it. As mentioned, it would make a great donor/spare parts machine for a Kristi owner.

You might consider contacting Gary Wilkinson (The Old Salt) since he is also in Oregon. The company he works for has a Kristi KT-3 that is still used for utility work. I will send you his contact info by email.

Ebay will still probably bring your highest dollar. Here are some some recent auctions of Kristis on ebay:

http://kristisnowcat.com/registry/kt3/00137/ebay7228597636/main.pdf

http://kristisnowcat.com/registry/kt3/00105/ebay7228593197/main.pdf

http://kristisnowcat.com/registry/kt2/00033/ebay4548876940/1main.pdf

http://kristisnowcat.com/registry/kt2/00037/ebay4529757821/1main.pdf

http://kristisnowcat.com/registry/kt3/00047/ebay4505948736/4505948736.pdf

Chris

Posts: 109 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
B Skurka
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted      Profile for B Skurka         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with Chris, I think the estimate at the Forums in the $200 range is very low. However, I also don't think this unit has a lot of value, even as a parts source since it appears that some of the proprietary parts have been removed. Those are the parts that hold value to another Kristi owner.

That leaves the value of an old VW engine and some glass, levers and other parts that can be stripped off of this unit. If the hydraulic rams are there, they could probably fetch $15 or $20 each if the seals are still good. The hatch is wrong. The rear door is gone. The tracks are wrong.

I'd think a better estimate might be in the $350 to $500 range?

EDIT: Paul upon a little further consideration, I think it makes sense to justify my pricing postion a little more on this KT3. Basically I look at your unit as being just a little too far gone to be restored. I also see your unit as missing some of the key proprietary parts that make it a good 'parts' machine. The proprietary parts are what make the difference between a restorable unit, a good parts unit (which could also be considered a challenging restoration), or a low value parts unit.

I once restored an old Oliver farm tractor that was pulled out from underneath a collapsed barn, it took me a lot of time searching junkyards to find suitable original parts, and those I found were purchased at high prices, but they were originals and I was making a "parade" tractor out of a wreck. And there is a very strong collector market for Oliver tractors, national association, tractor meets, etc.

In the case of this KT3, the parts that are missing are important, and they are proprietary, which means you will have to fabricate them yourself (if you are skilled at metal work, welding, etc) or you will pay a machine shop some pretty steep money to custom make the parts for you, or you may be able to find suitable, but not original spec parts that you can get to fit, but will not be proper (and therefore will reduce the collectability of the unit to a future buyer). But those are your options for things like the hydraulic tank, fittings, etc.

And you have to bear in mind that the value of small personal snowcats of any brand is pretty limited. Only the Tucker brand has a strong following and some level of collectability. I know of no other brands that would be considered valuable for collectability. They do have some value as actual working units, but their value is then based on the value of similarly capable units of all other brands. So even the best original antique snowcat has limited collector value, and while some may pay a bit more for the brand of their choice, the return is marginal in real terms.

[ May 11, 2006, 10:40 AM: Message edited by: B Skurka ]

Posts: 13 | From: Indiana | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Old Salt
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Old Salt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Paul,
Just came across these postings regarding the Kristi KT3 you are selling. Can you tell me who you bought it from? I was examing the pictures you posted of it, and one of the side emblems looks familiar. If it is the guy I think it is, I know him quite well. I have a company Kristi KT3 here in Medford, OR and it had a Porsche Industrial engine in it. You could hardly tell the difference between it and a VW engine. We replaced the Porsche engine with a 1600cc VW engine in 2000. Now only have 32 hours on it.

Gary Wilkinson

--------------------
Gary Wilkinson
The Old Salt....

Posts: 3 | From: Medford, OR | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
flathorn
Member # 27

Icon 1 posted      Profile for flathorn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Paul, I am brand new here. Did you sell your Kristi? I live in silverton, Or. I have an interest if it is not yet sold. I have never owned a Kristi. I do have a thiokol Imp.
Posts: 3 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Livu
Member # 6

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Livu   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi flathorn,
I congratulates to your special Kristi!
Send us still some active photos or few active short movies in the deep powdersnow.
100% much fun with your Kristi.

Livu [Smile]

Posts: 19 | From: Chestwood/Switzerland | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Livu
Member # 6

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Livu   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Chris,
thank`s for the short movie`s!
Have a good time!!!
[Cool] Livu

Posts: 19 | From: Chestwood/Switzerland | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KT-3 00145
Member # 51

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KT-3 00145   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is what an original Porsche engine looks like...

http://www.kristisnowcat.com/registry/KT3/00108/index.asp

Dunno how to link directly to the engine pictures, but they are in the lower-right.

--------------------
Those who would sacrifice freedom for safety deserve neither.

Posts: 28 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KT-3 00145
Member # 51

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KT-3 00145   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
flathorn has his KT-3 SN 00124 for sale on eBay. 3 days left. I'm bidding, but maybe someone wants/needs it more than me.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Kristi-Snow-Cat_W0QQitemZ290217032960QQihZ019QQcategoryZ6737QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

-

--------------------

Posts: 28 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KT-3 00145
Member # 51

It did not sell. I was the high bidder, but did not meet the reserve. So this baby is still available from Byron for anyone who wants a KT-3 dragster!

--------------------

caroth
Administrator
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for caroth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This Kristi #00083 is no longer for sale. Welcome to Kristi ownership, Kerri.

Byron Miller has two Kristi KT-3s for sale, check them out here: http://www.kristisnowcat.com/forsale.asp

Posts: 109 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jaerl
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jaerl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just put a Kristi on ebay, here is a link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Antique-Kristi-SnowCat_W0QQitemZ250561099698QQcmdZViewItemQQptZOther_Vehicles_Everything_Else?hash=item3a569af7b2#v4-13

Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Upload Your Picture

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | KristiSnowCat.com

© 2009 Chris Roth, All Rights Reserved,Terms of Use
Contact me, Chris Roth at: caroth@rothfam.com