Kristi SnowCat forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Kristi SnowCat forum » General » General Discussion of Kristi snow cats » Track Rebuild

Author Topic: Track Rebuild
kbare
Member # 1506

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kbare     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recently got my K3 running, but was only able to log about 1/4 mile before tearing a track. I hope that others have been able to overcome this difficulty without spending a fortune. I have been quoted $80 each for the belts, but at 2 belts per section, 3 sections per side, it adds up quick. Also, I have seen posts regarding different materials for replacement grousers, plastic or aluminum. If anyone has had luck with these materials, I would like to hear from them. Does anyone have a source for treated hickory just in case? The metal parts may still be usable but time will tell. Any experience or ideas anyone may have would be helpfull
Posts: 3 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
caroth
Administrator
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for caroth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
$1,000 for inner belting seems to be the going rate. I personally have not priced belting, be are lucky enough to have tracks in good condition.

Buck on this site found a source for hickory back east, hopefully he will report his source.

Snowman on this site used HDPE or UHMW but cut it from sheet stock. I do not think he has used any of his Kristi's enough to report any long term results.

Building the new tracks in 3 sections like the factory build tracks makes it easier to man-handle and repair track in the future. Additional flexco fastners are needed, but the cost is minimal.

Posts: 109 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kbare
Member # 1506

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kbare     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the input! Buck, Snowman, you out there, or if anyone can PM them, I would love to get their input on this.

I was wondering if anyone else hade seen a drivetrain modification like mine, or if it is a 1 of a kind. It has a 1800 cc datsun 4-banger with an automatic. It is mounted mid-engine and backwards and retains the original gearbox as well. It cuts down on sitting room a little but now has extra storage up front

Posts: 3 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
caroth
Administrator
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for caroth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It sure sounds like one of a kind, can you share some pictures of it and send me the serial number? You can upload pictures or email them to me using the address at the bottom of this page.

Thanks,
Chris

Posts: 109 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kbare
Member # 1506

#141, this one is a three door, with the passenger side option. No pictures right now, its covered in snow. Is there a Source of dimensioned drawings available for the track parts. It sure would be easier for me to make the parts correctly that way.
Dfrost
Member # 2434

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dfrost     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check your Local Repurposed Materials joint,, I Found a guy in Denver, Co That has a warehouse full of Belting already cut in all shapes and sizes,Brand new or used And he ships,, I got A 300 Ft. roll heavy duty stuff for $200..........

Conveyor Belting. We have a bunch of new rolls in with widths from 42” to almost 60”. Email Jessica – jessica@repurposedmaterialsinc.com – for a current belting inventory including widths and lengths. A good winter “repurpose” is using the belting for windbreaks. We recently shipped a rancher a roll for that exact purpose

--------------------
This Kristi maybe Krusty, But you'll Want her when shes done!..

Posts: 6 | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Upload Your Picture

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | KristiSnowCat.com

© 2009 Chris Roth, All Rights Reserved,Terms of Use
Contact me, Chris Roth at: caroth@rothfam.com