Kristi SnowCat forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Kristi SnowCat forum » General » General Discussion of Kristi snow cats » removing tires

Author Topic: removing tires
Kelly
Member # 7

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Kelly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can anyone tell me the easiest way to change the tire on the front or rear of a KT-3

--------------------
Kelly

Posts: 2 | From: Salt Lake City, Ut | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
caroth
Administrator
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for caroth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kelly,

They should come off like normal car tires. The wheels are actually aviation wheels that are two piece, so half of the exposed nuts are to hold the wheel together and the other half are for holding the wheel to the hub.

Chris

Posts: 109 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snowcat Operations
Member # 23

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Snowcat Operations     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sound like it would be safer to remove the valve stem core and totally deflate the tires first before removal.
Posts: 29 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Upload Your Picture

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | KristiSnowCat.com

© 2009 Chris Roth, All Rights Reserved,Terms of Use
Contact me, Chris Roth at: caroth@rothfam.com