Kristi SnowCat forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Kristi SnowCat forum » General » General Discussion of Kristi snow cats » Restoring the factory color.

Author Topic: Restoring the factory color.
Snowcat Operations
Member # 23

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Snowcat Operations     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Kristi Owners,
I have found a process to restore the factory color with out having to completely repaint the Kristi. My Kristi has the original factory Gel coat red color built into the fiberglass. Chris and I have been talking about my vehicle may have had a repainting but after VERY close inspection I have determined it has not. I will post a few pictures first and then will give detailed instructions on how I was able to do this amazing bit of work. I am still shocked at how good it has turned out. Now of course your paint may or may not turn out this good. It all depends on the condition of the original fiberglass. BUT I no longer feel I need to repaint my Kristi and can go many years with out that worry.

Posts: 29 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snowcat Operations
Member # 23

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Snowcat Operations     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BEFORE
http://ubb.kristisnowcat.com/uploads/00000023/Kristi%20roof%20rack%20removed.jpg

AND AFTER
http://ubb.kristisnowcat.com/uploads/00000023/paint%202.jpg

[ April 16, 2006, 08:31 PM: Message edited by: Snowcat Operations ]

Posts: 29 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
caroth
Administrator
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for caroth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a difference in the before and after pictures. Tell us your secret.

On a website note, your pictures did not link up because they have spaces in the names.

Chris

Posts: 109 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snowcat Operations
Member # 23

Thanks Chris. I couldnt figure out what I was doing wrong. I will reveal my secret Tuesday when I have the unit completely done. I have a standing offer to buy it right now and a second offer coming in Tuesday. I have alot to think about. Either way The finished product will look 100% better than what it did when I picked it up!

[ April 16, 2006, 11:50 PM: Message edited by: Snowcat Operations ]

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Upload Your Picture

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | KristiSnowCat.com

© 2009 Chris Roth, All Rights Reserved,Terms of Use
Contact me, Chris Roth at: caroth@rothfam.com