Kristi SnowCat forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Kristi SnowCat forum » General » General Discussion of Kristi snow cats » Hydraulic fluid questions

Author Topic: Hydraulic fluid questions
Snowcat Operations
Member # 23

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Snowcat Operations     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well the Kristi KT3 is unloaded and ready for inspection. So far the entire hydraulic system is completely dry. Not a drop of fluid. The engine oil looks brand new and is at the correct level. Does anyone have the specs on how much hydraulic fluid is in the system? Any idea what weight hydraulic oil to be used? My manuals are on the way so if I dont get to it this weekend then I will the next. The fuel tank should be out Saturday. I am hoping to get it running this weekend and would like to test drive it a bit as well. I will hold off on cutting the belts off till I get a chance to drive it around the yard a bit. I will also be greasing all the fittings Saturday as well before any test run.
Posts: 29 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
caroth
Administrator
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for caroth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike, don't be so cheap, buy the manuals from here and continue working on your Kristi.
Posts: 109 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Buck
Member # 21

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Buck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike,

I believe it takes 8 quarts to bring the tank level between 2/3 and 3/4 full.

Posts: 6 | From: Southern California | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snowcat Operations
Member # 23

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Snowcat Operations     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Buck. Chris I'm not being cheap. LOL I have some Kristi manuals on the way that were given to me. No need to spend money on something I will be getting in a few days. I was just in a hurry to get the Kristi running. Thats why I was asking. Speaking of buying stuff whenis your projected release date on the Kristi vidoes? Put me down for one.
Posts: 29 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Upload Your Picture

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | KristiSnowCat.com

© 2009 Chris Roth, All Rights Reserved,Terms of Use
Contact me, Chris Roth at: caroth@rothfam.com